las artes

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Last but not least...


At last, we are at the end of semester 4. I had learn lots of new things that I think I wont be able to learn it if I’m not taking this course. For instance, I had experience watching a theater, and of course it is such a golden moment for me and my other friends. Besides that, is gives me the opportunity to have my own “blog” which I think I never will have it for the rest of my life.
Talking about the play that we had learnt, it actually enhances my knowledge about the real world of literature. It is such an interesting world where the people living there think and view something in a very different way.
At the beginning, many of us facing a big problem in dealing with those plays. Luckily we managed to handle it after several weeks with the help of our respected lecturer. For me, the major problem is that we are not able to understand the language that being used and thus, makes us hard to interpret its meaning. The more we do not understand, the more we felt bored and lost.
However, when there is a will, there must be a way. There is no single way of learning and it actually depends on us how to deal with the difficulties. In short, what I want to say is that learning literature is very challenging but it is full with exciting.

1 Comments:

  • Nurul, what you've said is just so true. Indeed, our problem is the same, we don't understand the language of the plays especially "King Lear" and "Antigone". Although Shakespeare was indeed a great playwright, I still can't handle his plays. They are just so Shakespeare; the language I mean.
    Thus, this affects our understanding of these plays. However, for the other plays, I think they are quite ok and I think I can still understand the language.
    Just like you, though this course is "tough", I agree that we have learnt a lot especially about understanding the language used in the plays that we've read.
    I also enjoyed the opportunity of being introduced to the theatre. It's like a paradigm shift for me as I do enjoy watching live performance of the actors on stage. Unlike before, I considered that as boring but after going to the theatre, my perception has also changed.
    Learning dramas is indeed very challenging but the excitement and the knowledge that we gain is just so precious.

    By Blogger norfaizah, at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home