las artes

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Streetcar Named Desire...


Reading this play is quite easy for me compared with Antigone and King Lear. I managed to finish reading the whole play within two days which I was never did it before. For me, it such a good play and it deals with the real conflicts facing by many people out there. It deals with love, life, illusion and some more. As instance, one of the conflict concern about our previous life. I do sympatize with the protagonist of this play, Blanche, where she actually being trap within her own doings. She had faced a hard life just to maintain her way of life before she come to her sister. She hardly tries to cover her bad doings in front of every body whose in fact knew about it. Her sister Stella, did help her but she also facing her own problem with her husband, Stanley. I pity to Stella as she is engaged in a violent marriage and her husband did rape her own sister. Poor Stella... Whereas for Blanche, sadly she end up her life in mental asylum and her desire forever remain just a desire...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home