las artes

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Simulated teaching....


Last semester I had a terrible experience of simulated teaching. That makes me terrified to face it again this semester. I didn’t have any confidence at all. But then, no matter what happens, I can’t escape from finishing this task. Sometimes, I blame myself for not having enough preparation before done the simulated teaching. I knew that I am not fluent in talking in English but still I refuse to practice it in daily conversation. It actually can help me to improve my fluency a lot. Not because I can not speak at all but afraid people will laugh at me if I do speak incorrect English. In doing simulated teaching, it needs me to speak proper English, no grammatical mistake, correct pronunciation, good communication skills in dealing with students and some other requirement that one teacher must have. The most afraid part is the set induction. The activity that will be carried out must be relevant to the topic that students will learn during the lesson. As I have no experience in teaching at all, it is a bit hard for me to come out with such interesting and suitable activities to the students. For me, of course I think that my activity is already good enough but actually it does have a mistake. While I’m doing my simulated teaching, the lecturer will interrupt if I had done a mistake and telling me the right thing that I should and shouldn’t do. The same thing happens to my other course mate. From that, I learn a lot and I am on my way to improve myself in performing a better simulated teaching. It is a good start to train a future teacher like us. We have the knowledge but we didn’t know the right way to present it to the students so that it will make sense to them. Otherwise, we are actually giving the students the nonsense things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home