las artes

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

oh drama!!!


Learning drama is not an easy task. It requires a lot of focus and most importantly, the natural interest to study it deeply. My prior knowledge about drama is not much and I know I have to struggle in a way to comprehend it. Moreover, I hate it much! Previously, I had learned several dramas as instance A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare, Educating Rita by Willy Russell, and Florence written by Alice Childress. It was so hard to understand. But more or less, those dramas helped in giving me the exposure about what drama should be. But now, as I’m taking EDU 3217 with the most respected lecturer, Dr. Edwin, I gain more exposure and my understanding towards drama absolutely change. I believe that he had done an excellent job as a lecturer. I’m in no doubt that most of my course mates too feel the same. This subject requires me to read several plays as instance Antigone, King Lear, A Streetcar Named Desire, and Pygmalion. I had read some of it and it is actually not too hard as I thought as the lecturer guided me a lot. Thanks very much sir! I hope that through this semester, I can enhance my knowledge about drama. Only one thing that I still afraid of. Simulated teaching! Last semester I did it badly…But I admit that really was my fault. It was not interesting compared with my other course mates. This time, I’ll try to make it better. Thats all for now!

1 Comments:

  • Your post had reminded me the hard time we had when we haad to learn play such as A Midsummer Nihght's Dream. Doing a Shakespearan's play is far from easy. Moreover, we got to deal with the classis and archaic words and expressions which we seldom use. Or in a more precise saying, which we never used at all. The hard time getting to understand such play actually give the momentum of killing our interest in literature faster than we could imagine. Case in point another play, Educating Rita by Willy Russell. Although it is much simpler and comprehendable, still we had a bitter time to adapt with it. It was because we are not familiar with the character's culture and accent they used. But as all of us concerned, we had very dedicated lecturers to assist us along this painful yet memorable period. With their burning desire to help us, we managed to get on with the task.

    By Blogger lien_azliena, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home